I've been focusing on my WIPs and trying to avoid casting on for anything new until I get them under control. I have, um, 5 or 6 things on the needles right now and want to tame those beasts before I try to conquer anything else. One of those things is Matt's Urban Aran Cardigan, which is maybe 1/3 of the way done (I've finished the whole back). I just got so burnt out and didn't want to work on it anymore. Maybe he'll have it for next winter?
|Cowboy Cowl in Malabrigo Worsted|
I cast on for Pam Allen's Cowboy Cowl a few weeks back. It was supposed to be one of my Malabrigo March projects, but I haven't gotten too far. I'm maybe halfway done and I only have 10 days to go. I'm using Malabrigo Worsted in Vetiver. I'm really liking the color. Matt and I saw Battle: Los Angeles a few nights ago and I used this as an excuse to work on it. I have one repeat left for the cowl and then I'll be starting the kerchief. I hope I can make this work for me.
|Daybreak shawl in Tosh Merino Light|
I also cast on for a Daybreak shawl with one of my coworkers. It's my first Daybreak and I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hasn't knit one. I cast on Thursday evening (yay exciting St. Patricks Day!) and started working the stripes last night. I've done about 2 of each and I'm planning on making the medium size. I envy the larges, but I'm not sure if that will be too much shawl for me or not. I guess we'll just see how it goes. Oh, and I'm using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Calligraphy and Nectar. I'm crazy in love with the stuff...and may now own 16 skeins.
|Chan Luu inspired wrap bracelet|
Which brings me to the final, non-knitting WIP of the week. A few weeks ago I posted about Chan Luu inspired bracelets and how, after seeing all of Kate's creations at work, I decided that I wanted to make one. Well, it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, but I will remain optimistic. I love the colors I chose, but some of the beads are popping out of the row and I didn't cut the leather long enough. The bracelet is cute and wraps twice, but there is definitely room for improvement. I followed this tutorial from Auntie's Beads and kind of improvised on a few things (I didn't use glue, for one thing). I will be making another one at some point this week. And the cost was maybe $9 for everything, including a ton of leftover beads and thread. Beats that $300 price tag.
As I work through this week (and my WIPs), I'm going to try not to let the small things bother me. Because life is too short for that. And, hopefully, I 'll have some tidied up ends//projects to share with you next time.