Friday, March 18, 2011

Dalloway (in tosh) & another Botanic hat


A few weeks ago, well, about a week and a half ago, I released my Dalloway cloche pattern. With the arrival of the Tosh at Wool & Co., I knew that I needed to make one in tosh dk. 

So I adapted the pattern. To accommodate the most glorious of yarns.

Dalloway in Tosh Merino dk

Adapting the pattern for dk weight was quite simple; I added an extra cable repeat and cast on more stitches. I thought I might have to fudge the decreases more than I actually did. And I had an ounce of Tosh Merino dk left :)

Detail of edging and cables
I'm very biased, but I do love this hat a lot. The tucked under edging and cables are very elegant and classic. The initial design didn't turn out quite as I intended it to, but I think it's better this way.

My third FO of the week is another Botanic Hat by Stephen West. I envied Matt's so much that I decided I needed to finally have my own. And the colors are perfect for spring.

Glamour shot


Reversible

So yeah, it's been a fairly busy week. I also finished my first Chan Luu inspired bracelet. It turned out a little wonky, but it's definitely cute and wearable. I'm hoping to perfect the art before I actually post photos. But we'll see. It's shaping up to be a pretty slow weekend.

Hope everyone has a good Friday afternoon :) And, if you celebrated "being Irish" too hard last night, that your hangover is gone by now.




Queue it up:

No comments:

Post a Comment