Saturday, July 2, 2011

FO Freeforall

So, I have been a busy girl. Since I have been neglecting my blogging these past few weeks, I have three FOs to share before I head up to the lake for the weekend (woohoo!).


 First up is my Novella shrug knit in a dk weight. This is my first time using Classic Elite Firefly and I wasn't exactly sold on it as I knit this up. But after soaking and blocking, I can really see the appeal. It hangs so nicely and the colors available are superb. Plus I used exactly 1.5 skeins for this shrug, so a little goes a long way. I would definitely use it again, plus the mermaid color kind of holds my heart.

Yarn: Classic Elite Firefly in 'Corsica" (approximately 235 yards)
Needles: Size 6


 The second FO I'd like to share is another one of my designs, this time it is Pucker Up. I finally tracked down my Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK in Earl Grey, so I used that. I would have to say that this is one of my favorite tosh colorways (I know, I know, I say that all the time). The photos don't do this color justice, but I tried as hard as I could to capture the beauty of it. I guess you could call this my "Semi-Precious Pucker Up" because of all the wonderful metallic shades. I had to modify the pattern ever so slightly to accommodate the dk weight yarn, but it fits a little better than my first Pucker Up.

Yarn: Tosh Merino dk in 'Earl Grey'
Needles: Size 7






And the last FO is my first EVER Ysolda project. Why has it taken me so long? I thought this hat pattern (the Snapdragon Tam) was so much fun to knit and I want to make so many more! I used Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage for this project and it was the bounciest yarn I have ever used. The color (Candlewick) also convinced me that yellow might not be all that bad. Photo credit to Kate of A Ubiquitous Mind for those last two shots.

Yarn: Tosh Vintage (Candlewick)
Needles: Size 7


Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment