Friday, August 5, 2011

Winning (at Frogging)

On Tuesday, I was here:



My Levenwick was coming along at the speed of light! As much as I hate to admit it, my bust is about a 39" (blah), so I cast on for the large size to allow myself about an inch of positive ease, which was recommended. When I was finally able to put it on and pull it shut, I realized, "oh crap! This thing is HUGE." I mean, the yoke was halfway to my elbows and the larger half of the front almost reached my armpit. I debated just keeping it as it was and pressing on. I'd come so far!


But I couldn't do it. This week has been so hard: my best friend moved 800 miles away, I've felt down about myself and the life that I'm leading, and then I discovered that my sweater is waaaaaay too big. So on Tuesday, I ripped back to the collar (tore out maybe 1.5 skeins of Cascade 220) and started fresh. It definitely hurt. After comparing the two photos I definitely don't regret my decision.

Check out more of my notes on Levenwick on my Ravelry.







(this week has probably still been one of the worst of my life thus far)

No comments:

Post a Comment