Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Favorites: Harry Potter Edition


You better believe this nerd saw it at midnight. Did you?

And yes, it was awesome.

There are some nerderies that I try to conceal, but my love for Harry Potter is too great to ever try and hide. I've read all of the books handfuls of times and they will always remind me of my childhood/young adulthood. The fact that this is all really "over" makes me super sad (who else used to line at midnight for the books?), but I will never really be Harry Potter-less.

And, as I say all the time...knitters are nerds through and through. A quick search on Ravelry will reveal Weasley sweaters, snitch socks, every hat Hermione has ever worn on screen and endless interpretations of house scarves (puts all the Doctor Who scarves to shame). So, though the saga may be over, the fandom will carry on for a long time. No doubt about that.

And yes, I almost cried. Several times. Enough about that. Here are some projects to keep you busy while reliving one of the most popular fandoms of all time.

Hermione Hearts Ron by Christy Aylesworth
This one by: Stanzilla



For when you're feeling a little bit evil...
Dark Mark Illusion Scarf by by Lindsay Henricks




The parseltongue hat by tiny owl knits 
This one by: Underreigns

Hurray Hufflepuff by Lykkefanten 
These ones by: Askja


Coolest "non-hp" Harry Potter project?
Poetry Mittens by Veronica Patterson and Jane Fournier 
These ones by: Abycat

Sassy AND Evil
Slytherin Pride Socks by Ann Kingstone
Godric's Hollow by Margaretha Ramselaar

Potter Pals Snape!! by Squidneyknits


Bellatrix by Monkey Toes 
These ones by: Mycrosquish


The Weasley Sweater by Alison Hansel 
This one by: Cguggs


And even a...
Sorting Hat by Diane Scott 
This one by: Frey-ja

Even though there is a lack of Ravenclaw love, I must say that might be my favorite house. Well, either that or Slytherine, but I did purchase "Intelligence," the limited edition Jimmy Beans color from Lorna's Laces. I bought one skein of Shepherd's Sock (possibly a new favorite yarn...) and love, love, love it. Act quick; they only have three left in stock!

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Intelligence"

/nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment